The days are getting warmer, the beers are getting colder and the skirts are getting shorter, it must be summer. And you know what that means; yep, every artist in the game is jockeying for that coveted Summer Anthem status. You can now add the surging Chiddy Bang to the list of groups hoping to become the official soundtrack to barbecue season with the release of new single Mind Your Manners, a bouncing cut that manages to cross off every attribute on the summer anthem check list without sounding forced. Catchy, uplifting hook sung by a children’s choir? Check. Hip-hop percussion combined with rock guitars and a light, pop sonic sensibility crafted by Xaphoon Jones? Check. Rhymes from group member Chiddy that are both simply fun and a declaration of independence? Check and double check. While only time will tell if Mind Your Manners does indeed become the song of the summer of 2011 (get to commenting and rating right now below), it should serve to immediately build some anticipation for their debut album Breakfast, which is currently awaiting a release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/28/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Opposite of Adults (KIDS)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.