The days are getting warmer, the beers are getting colder and the skirts are getting shorter, it must be summer. And you know what that means; yep, every artist in the game is jockeying for that coveted Summer Anthem status. You can now add the surging Chiddy Bang to the list of groups hoping to become the official soundtrack to barbecue season with the release of new single Mind Your Manners, a bouncing cut that manages to cross off every attribute on the summer anthem check list without sounding forced. Catchy, uplifting hook sung by a children’s choir? Check. Hip-hop percussion combined with rock guitars and a light, pop sonic sensibility crafted by Xaphoon Jones? Check. Rhymes from group member Chiddy that are both simply fun and a declaration of independence? Check and double check. While only time will tell if Mind Your Manners does indeed become the song of the summer of 2011 (get to commenting and rating right now below), it should serve to immediately build some anticipation for their debut album Breakfast, which is currently awaiting a release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Opposite of Adults (KIDS)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.