The days are getting warmer, the beers are getting colder and the skirts are getting shorter, it must be summer. And you know what that means; yep, every artist in the game is jockeying for that coveted Summer Anthem status. You can now add the surging Chiddy Bang to the list of groups hoping to become the official soundtrack to barbecue season with the release of new single Mind Your Manners, a bouncing cut that manages to cross off every attribute on the summer anthem check list without sounding forced. Catchy, uplifting hook sung by a children’s choir? Check. Hip-hop percussion combined with rock guitars and a light, pop sonic sensibility crafted by Xaphoon Jones? Check. Rhymes from group member Chiddy that are both simply fun and a declaration of independence? Check and double check. While only time will tell if Mind Your Manners does indeed become the song of the summer of 2011 (get to commenting and rating right now below), it should serve to immediately build some anticipation for their debut album Breakfast, which is currently awaiting a release date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Opposite of Adults (KIDS)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.