If you’re reading this right when it drops that means the moon’s out and dinner’s still digesting away in your stomach – but come on people, it’s got to be breakfast time somewhere. So in the spirit of eternal breakfast, we might as well all Grab a Plate and get to work. The title track off Chiddy Bang’s upcoming mixtape, which is itself a pre-cursor to their Breakfast album, Grab a Plate find group producer Xaphoon reaching back into his sonic book of tricks to flip an undoubtedly obscure sample into a slowly head-burning, guaranteed head-nodding beat custom made for his partner in rhyme Chiddy. Speaking of which, the group’s resident mic-rocker lays down a largely narrative flow that details his rise to rap prominence, stopping only long enough to throw down yet more pop-culture heavy rhymes: “Super hero you can catch me in the radius / I’m Peter Parker and they Dr. Octavius.” With Chiddy Bang cooking up music this delicious we have no choice but to Grab a Plate, cop the crew’s mixtape, and then return for seconds when Breakfast drops digitally on February 21, followed by the physical release on February 28.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Opposite of Adults (KIDS)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.