If you’re reading this right when it drops that means the moon’s out and dinner’s still digesting away in your stomach – but come on people, it’s got to be breakfast time somewhere. So in the spirit of eternal breakfast, we might as well all Grab a Plate and get to work. The title track off Chiddy Bang’s upcoming mixtape, which is itself a pre-cursor to their Breakfast album, Grab a Plate find group producer Xaphoon reaching back into his sonic book of tricks to flip an undoubtedly obscure sample into a slowly head-burning, guaranteed head-nodding beat custom made for his partner in rhyme Chiddy. Speaking of which, the group’s resident mic-rocker lays down a largely narrative flow that details his rise to rap prominence, stopping only long enough to throw down yet more pop-culture heavy rhymes: “Super hero you can catch me in the radius / I’m Peter Parker and they Dr. Octavius.” With Chiddy Bang cooking up music this delicious we have no choice but to Grab a Plate, cop the crew’s mixtape, and then return for seconds when Breakfast drops digitally on February 21, followed by the physical release on February 28.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Opposite of Adults (KIDS)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.