If you’re reading this right when it drops that means the moon’s out and dinner’s still digesting away in your stomach – but come on people, it’s got to be breakfast time somewhere. So in the spirit of eternal breakfast, we might as well all Grab a Plate and get to work. The title track off Chiddy Bang’s upcoming mixtape, which is itself a pre-cursor to their Breakfast album, Grab a Plate find group producer Xaphoon reaching back into his sonic book of tricks to flip an undoubtedly obscure sample into a slowly head-burning, guaranteed head-nodding beat custom made for his partner in rhyme Chiddy. Speaking of which, the group’s resident mic-rocker lays down a largely narrative flow that details his rise to rap prominence, stopping only long enough to throw down yet more pop-culture heavy rhymes: “Super hero you can catch me in the radius / I’m Peter Parker and they Dr. Octavius.” With Chiddy Bang cooking up music this delicious we have no choice but to Grab a Plate, cop the crew’s mixtape, and then return for seconds when Breakfast drops digitally on February 21, followed by the physical release on February 28.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Opposite of Adults (KIDS)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.