So you missed out on The Swelly Express? Big deal. It’s not like you missed out on a group that has stormed the music scene in the past seven months (also making you the subject of ridicule amongst friends). Don’t worry uncool kids, because you have a chance to redeem yourself by sharing Chiddy Bang’s brand new single, The Good Life. It’s hard to imagine a single from the talented duo without great production work from Xaphoon Jones (1/2 the group), but this time around Chiddy brings in Pharrell Williams for co-production credit to make sure the beat is extra hot. Furthermore, the flows are smoothly on point (as always), giving creative bars life over a synthy beat that is sure to entertain listeners: “I came a long way from when I wasn’t so fly / did music like Kweli, just to get by.” With life this good you won’t want to get caught sleeping again. Be sure to set your alarm clock on October 12, and cop their debut album, The Preview, the minute it hits stores and online.
Written by Sigurd on 09/9/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Opposite of Adults (KIDS)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.