So you missed out on The Swelly Express? Big deal. It’s not like you missed out on a group that has stormed the music scene in the past seven months (also making you the subject of ridicule amongst friends). Don’t worry uncool kids, because you have a chance to redeem yourself by sharing Chiddy Bang’s brand new single, The Good Life. It’s hard to imagine a single from the talented duo without great production work from Xaphoon Jones (1/2 the group), but this time around Chiddy brings in Pharrell Williams for co-production credit to make sure the beat is extra hot. Furthermore, the flows are smoothly on point (as always), giving creative bars life over a synthy beat that is sure to entertain listeners: “I came a long way from when I wasn’t so fly / did music like Kweli, just to get by.” With life this good you won’t want to get caught sleeping again. Be sure to set your alarm clock on October 12, and cop their debut album, The Preview, the minute it hits stores and online.
Written by Sigurd on 09/9/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Opposite of Adults (KIDS)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.