Been waiting with bated breath for a new feature from Chiddy Bang? Then unless you’re David Blaine, you’re probably dead, because the Philly duo hasn’t dropped off a solo record since last July’s Paper & Plastic. Assuming you’re in a position to do so, you can go ahead and Breathe, because they’re back with a brand new single, the first off their next street album. Here, rapper Chiddy takes a moment to sit back and reminisce over old times, harking back to his family’s financial struggles and pondering whether his diploma was worth $35,000 in student loans. Ironically given the subject matter, Yuri Beat$ backs the emcee’s bars with a leisurely, guitar-led groove reminiscent of Asher Roth‘s I Love College. BAGGAGE CLAIM has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Opposite of Adults (KIDS)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.