Been waiting with bated breath for a new feature from Chiddy Bang? Then unless you’re David Blaine, you’re probably dead, because the Philly duo hasn’t dropped off a solo record since last July’s Paper & Plastic. Assuming you’re in a position to do so, you can go ahead and Breathe, because they’re back with a brand new single, the first off their next street album. Here, rapper Chiddy takes a moment to sit back and reminisce over old times, harking back to his family’s financial struggles and pondering whether his diploma was worth $35,000 in student loans. Ironically given the subject matter, Yuri Beat$ backs the emcee’s bars with a leisurely, guitar-led groove reminiscent of Asher Roth‘s I Love College. BAGGAGE CLAIM has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Opposite of Adults (KIDS)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.