For Atlanta rapper Metro, a tricked-out ride with an eardrum-shattering stereo system isn’t simply a mode of transportation – it’s a way of telling the world, “I’m fresh, I’m fly and I don’t give a f*ck about noise ordinances.” On this newly-leaked album inclusion, the third Booth-exclusive world premiere off his forthcoming full-length (after Mack Game and I Might Go), the Southern emcee gives us all a lesson on riding in style, expressing his love for Chevys with “peanut butter candy paint, ice cream colors,” and, of course, “30-inch rims.” Production duo Tha Bizness backs Metro’s car-crazy rhymes with a beat befitting street royalty, pairing brass fanfare with scorching low-frequency synth hits. This trunk-banging tribute to the good ‘ol American-made automobile – along with all three of the artist’s previous Booth features – can be found on Metro’s long awaited The Rebirth LP, set to hit store shelves and online retailers next Tuesday, December 15, via Swaggaville Ent.
Written by richard on 12/9/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.