Having established themselves as one of the Dirty South’s most successful duos, Smoke and Fleetwood Mac of Field Mob have now split to pursue solo careers. While Mac’s elected to stay with DTP, Smoke has signed a new deal with independent, Universal-distributed label MPire Records (not to be confused with Ja Rule‘s label of the same name); since DTP owns the rights to both “Smoke” and “Field Mob,” that currently-untitled solo album will have him going by Chevy P. On Booth debut Chevy Boi, he fills listeners in on why he’ll choose an old-school Chevrolet over any newer ride: the custom enhancements fit better (candy paint dripping, bucket seats, 18’s in the trunk, and 30-inch rims, etc.). Kenjoe certainly knows how to set the mood for a trunk banger; blast his beat through some subwoofers (he even gives a test towards the end) for the full listening experience. If you think Chevy Boi is a sharp return to form, just wait ‘till his new single (featuring Bun B) hits the Booth in three to four weeks.
Listen to More: Chevy P Written by Burmy
Mpire Records Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ain't Changed ft. Chevy P." (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.