Having established themselves as one of the Dirty South’s most successful duos, Smoke and Fleetwood Mac of Field Mob have now split to pursue solo careers. While Mac’s elected to stay with DTP, Smoke has signed a new deal with independent, Universal-distributed label MPire Records (not to be confused with Ja Rule‘s label of the same name); since DTP owns the rights to both “Smoke” and “Field Mob,” that currently-untitled solo album will have him going by Chevy P. On Booth debut Chevy Boi, he fills listeners in on why he’ll choose an old-school Chevrolet over any newer ride: the custom enhancements fit better (candy paint dripping, bucket seats, 18’s in the trunk, and 30-inch rims, etc.). Kenjoe certainly knows how to set the mood for a trunk banger; blast his beat through some subwoofers (he even gives a test towards the end) for the full listening experience. If you think Chevy Boi is a sharp return to form, just wait ‘till his new single (featuring Bun B) hits the Booth in three to four weeks.
Written by Burmy on 04/16/09
Submit your Rating
Mpire Records Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ain't Changed ft. Chevy P." (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.