A buzzmaking producer and electronic musician who calls Melbourne, Australia home, Chet Faker makes his first foray into The DJBooth with new promo cut On You. Released as part of Adidas’s #SongsFromScratch series, which also spawned joints like Shlohmo‘s Bo Peep and Danny Brown‘s Molly Ringwald, the record finds Chet crafting an atmospheric synth backdrop for the laid-back flows and falsetto crooning of DMV phenom GoldLink. On You isn’t part of a larger body of work, but we’ll keep you posted on both collaborators’ plans in the weeks and months ahead. In the meantime, GoldLink fans should be sure to check out the artist’s recent Real Recognize Real interview.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.