A buzzmaking producer and electronic musician who calls Melbourne, Australia home, Chet Faker makes his first foray into The DJBooth with new promo cut On You. Released as part of Adidas’s #SongsFromScratch series, which also spawned joints like Shlohmo‘s Bo Peep and Danny Brown‘s Molly Ringwald, the record finds Chet crafting an atmospheric synth backdrop for the laid-back flows and falsetto crooning of DMV phenom GoldLink. On You isn’t part of a larger body of work, but we’ll keep you posted on both collaborators’ plans in the weeks and months ahead. In the meantime, GoldLink fans should be sure to check out the artist’s recent Real Recognize Real interview.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- How a Music Video Is Made: A Mock Treatment With Rapsody
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.