A buzzmaking producer and electronic musician who calls Melbourne, Australia home, Chet Faker makes his first foray into The DJBooth with new promo cut On You. Released as part of Adidas’s #SongsFromScratch series, which also spawned joints like Shlohmo‘s Bo Peep and Danny Brown‘s Molly Ringwald, the record finds Chet crafting an atmospheric synth backdrop for the laid-back flows and falsetto crooning of DMV phenom GoldLink. On You isn’t part of a larger body of work, but we’ll keep you posted on both collaborators’ plans in the weeks and months ahead. In the meantime, GoldLink fans should be sure to check out the artist’s recent Real Recognize Real interview.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.