Earlier this month, up-and-coming rock group Chester French dropped Jacques Jams Vol. 1: Endurance, a Clinton Sparks-hosted mixtape that chronicled Maxwell Drummey and D.A. Wallach‘s (fictionalized) rise to fame. In addition to being absolutely hilarious, the project is notable for featuring a boatload of hip-hop and R&B guest appearances, from rising stars all the way up to some of the biggest names in the biz. One of the most exciting collabos is I’m Tall, a cut that finds the twosome teaming up with Bun B, Talib Kweli, and Mickey Factz to detail exactly what happens when you buy coke from Pusha T. (who doesn’t appear here, but on the preceding track). Liberated from DJ drops courtesy of our friends at OnSMASH, Tall rides a grinding synth groove that’s much more hip-hop (with an industrial twist, maybe) than pop-rock. The distorted rhymes and CF’s sheer musical versatility make this cut a standout—for more good tunes with a dash of genre-bending experimentation, pick up the duo’s debut studio album, Love the Future, tomorrow (the 21st).
Written by richard on 04/20/09
Submit your Rating
Chester French Recording/Karmaloop Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Loves Everybody (Remix) ft. Shawn Chrystopher" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)