No one saw it coming in the “drop it like it’s hot” days, but Lil Wayne has slowly but surely become a man of candlelight romance (and candlelight sex). After providing Kelly Rowland with someone to motivate and going acoustic on his own single How to Love, recent Division 1/Universal Motown signee Cherlise brings Weezy F on board for a R-Rated verse on her new single Love You Right. No stranger to the ways of the heart, her DJBooth debut was titled All Night Love, this time Cherlise takes on a more sassy tone on Right, vowing to steal any man from a sleeping girlfriend’s arms with Keri Hilson inspired, tough talk with bursts of singing vocals. Rico Love, who also wrote Motivation (good lord the love connections on this one are endless) provides Cherlise with the production fuel to fire up her adulterous ways, providing a beat that will knock in the club or the car. While the Miami native’s debut album doesn’t have a title or a release date, expect that to change quickly if DJBooth shows this R&B banger some love in the ratings below.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Night Love" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.