No one saw it coming in the “drop it like it’s hot” days, but Lil Wayne has slowly but surely become a man of candlelight romance (and candlelight sex). After providing Kelly Rowland with someone to motivate and going acoustic on his own single How to Love, recent Division 1/Universal Motown signee Cherlise brings Weezy F on board for a R-Rated verse on her new single Love You Right. No stranger to the ways of the heart, her DJBooth debut was titled All Night Love, this time Cherlise takes on a more sassy tone on Right, vowing to steal any man from a sleeping girlfriend’s arms with Keri Hilson inspired, tough talk with bursts of singing vocals. Rico Love, who also wrote Motivation (good lord the love connections on this one are endless) provides Cherlise with the production fuel to fire up her adulterous ways, providing a beat that will knock in the club or the car. While the Miami native’s debut album doesn’t have a title or a release date, expect that to change quickly if DJBooth shows this R&B banger some love in the ratings below.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Night Love" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.