No one saw it coming in the “drop it like it’s hot” days, but Lil Wayne has slowly but surely become a man of candlelight romance (and candlelight sex). After providing Kelly Rowland with someone to motivate and going acoustic on his own single How to Love, recent Division 1/Universal Motown signee Cherlise brings Weezy F on board for a R-Rated verse on her new single Love You Right. No stranger to the ways of the heart, her DJBooth debut was titled All Night Love, this time Cherlise takes on a more sassy tone on Right, vowing to steal any man from a sleeping girlfriend’s arms with Keri Hilson inspired, tough talk with bursts of singing vocals. Rico Love, who also wrote Motivation (good lord the love connections on this one are endless) provides Cherlise with the production fuel to fire up her adulterous ways, providing a beat that will knock in the club or the car. While the Miami native’s debut album doesn’t have a title or a release date, expect that to change quickly if DJBooth shows this R&B banger some love in the ratings below.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Night Love" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.