With marathon studio sessions, publicity and touring monopolizing their time, recording artists on the rise often find themselves too busy and stressed to give a significant other the proper time and attention. Recent Division 1/Universal Motown signee Cherlise Forshee, for one, isn’t about to let the grind put a damper on her love life; having cleared out her schedule for the evening, the singer/songwriter asks her man to “gimme that All Night Love” on her latest single selection. In addition to penning the record, label boss Rico Love hooks up with co-producers Earl & E on the production tip, crafting a glossy synth backdrop as the singers exercises her feminine wiles. In a seductive coo, Cherlise tells him just how long she’s been waiting for the opportunity to get him alone, even suggesting they spice things up by doing the deed on-camera (“Let’s make a movie, you can be the star.”). Her come-ons certainly hit the mark, but is the song itself fresh enough to make pop-lovers weak in the knees? That, my friends is for you to decide. If you’re digging it, be sure to keep it locked you-know-where for all the latest on this rising R&B starlet.
Written by richard on 05/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love You Right" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.