With marathon studio sessions, publicity and touring monopolizing their time, recording artists on the rise often find themselves too busy and stressed to give a significant other the proper time and attention. Recent Division 1/Universal Motown signee Cherlise Forshee, for one, isn’t about to let the grind put a damper on her love life; having cleared out her schedule for the evening, the singer/songwriter asks her man to “gimme that All Night Love” on her latest single selection. In addition to penning the record, label boss Rico Love hooks up with co-producers Earl & E on the production tip, crafting a glossy synth backdrop as the singers exercises her feminine wiles. In a seductive coo, Cherlise tells him just how long she’s been waiting for the opportunity to get him alone, even suggesting they spice things up by doing the deed on-camera (“Let’s make a movie, you can be the star.”). Her come-ons certainly hit the mark, but is the song itself fresh enough to make pop-lovers weak in the knees? That, my friends is for you to decide. If you’re digging it, be sure to keep it locked you-know-where for all the latest on this rising R&B starlet.
Written by richard on 05/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love You Right" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.