With marathon studio sessions, publicity and touring monopolizing their time, recording artists on the rise often find themselves too busy and stressed to give a significant other the proper time and attention. Recent Division 1/Universal Motown signee Cherlise Forshee, for one, isn’t about to let the grind put a damper on her love life; having cleared out her schedule for the evening, the singer/songwriter asks her man to “gimme that All Night Love” on her latest single selection. In addition to penning the record, label boss Rico Love hooks up with co-producers Earl & E on the production tip, crafting a glossy synth backdrop as the singers exercises her feminine wiles. In a seductive coo, Cherlise tells him just how long she’s been waiting for the opportunity to get him alone, even suggesting they spice things up by doing the deed on-camera (“Let’s make a movie, you can be the star.”). Her come-ons certainly hit the mark, but is the song itself fresh enough to make pop-lovers weak in the knees? That, my friends is for you to decide. If you’re digging it, be sure to keep it locked you-know-where for all the latest on this rising R&B starlet.
Written by richard on 05/8/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love You Right" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.