Girl group Cherish is back with the first single from their forthcoming second album, Keep It Fresh. Although this song has a familiar theme – there are a lot of anthems about “freshness” these days – this song is a nice blend of bubblegum pop and R&B. The Casio hook is irreverent and fun, with occasional backing vocals thrown in by a Paul Wall sound-alike. This might not be the deepest song ever, but it will make a fine addition to your summer play list. Watch for Cherish’s as-yet-untitled album sometime later this year.
Written by Beeb on 06/5/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Magic City ft. Cherish" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.