Girl group Cherish is back with the first single from their forthcoming second album, Keep It Fresh. Although this song has a familiar theme – there are a lot of anthems about “freshness” these days – this song is a nice blend of bubblegum pop and R&B. The Casio hook is irreverent and fun, with occasional backing vocals thrown in by a Paul Wall sound-alike. This might not be the deepest song ever, but it will make a fine addition to your summer play list. Watch for Cherish’s as-yet-untitled album sometime later this year.
Written by Beeb on 06/5/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Magic City" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.