Girl group Cherish is back with the first single from their forthcoming second album, Keep It Fresh. Although this song has a familiar theme – there are a lot of anthems about “freshness” these days – this song is a nice blend of bubblegum pop and R&B. The Casio hook is irreverent and fun, with occasional backing vocals thrown in by a Paul Wall sound-alike. This might not be the deepest song ever, but it will make a fine addition to your summer play list. Watch for Cherish’s as-yet-untitled album sometime later this year.
Written by Beeb on 06/5/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Magic City ft. Cherish" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)