Girl group Cherish is back with the first single from their forthcoming second album, Keep It Fresh. Although this song has a familiar theme – there are a lot of anthems about “freshness” these days – this song is a nice blend of bubblegum pop and R&B. The Casio hook is irreverent and fun, with occasional backing vocals thrown in by a Paul Wall sound-alike. This might not be the deepest song ever, but it will make a fine addition to your summer play list. Watch for Cherish’s as-yet-untitled album sometime later this year.
Written by Beeb on 06/5/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Magic City ft. Cherish" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.