Although their gold-selling debut album, Unappreciated, featured several pop hits including Do It To It, singing-foursome Cherish looks to take a more in-depth lyrical approach with their sophomore album, The Truth. Sisters Farrah, Neosha, Felisha, and Fallon follow up the Billboard-climbing Killa with a slow ballad, which explains why despite their happy relationships, they’re all still in love with their exes and plan to go back– barring a sudden case of Amnesia. One listen to the hook and it might seem obvious that The-Dream penned the ladies new single; when the title is repeated (Umbrella, Bed) it’s dead giveaway. However, the ladies (and producer J New) get the writing credits here. Expect less bubblegum pop and more sophisticated soul when The Truth hits stores May 13.
Written by Burmy on 03/31/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Magic City" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.