Although their gold-selling debut album, Unappreciated, featured several pop hits including Do It To It, singing-foursome Cherish looks to take a more in-depth lyrical approach with their sophomore album, The Truth. Sisters Farrah, Neosha, Felisha, and Fallon follow up the Billboard-climbing Killa with a slow ballad, which explains why despite their happy relationships, they’re all still in love with their exes and plan to go back– barring a sudden case of Amnesia. One listen to the hook and it might seem obvious that The-Dream penned the ladies new single; when the title is repeated (Umbrella, Bed) it’s dead giveaway. However, the ladies (and producer J New) get the writing credits here. Expect less bubblegum pop and more sophisticated soul when The Truth hits stores May 13.
Written by Burmy on 03/31/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Magic City ft. Cherish" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.