When Cheri Dennis made her last appearance in the Booth, Burmy led off his review by remarking upon the relentless “industry shenanigans” that had prevented her from getting a sophomore set onto store shelves. More than a year later, her situation sadly hasn’t progressed much – though you could count her departure from Bad Boy as a step in the right direction. Despite it all, though, Dennis still has plenty of wind in her sails; she’s still planning on takin’ over, and she doesn’t need anyone’s Permission but her own to do so. This new single finds Tubby Young setting the pace with breakneck percussion and airy synths as the rising soul starlet stakes her claim on the music game: “There ain’t no stoppin’ me, I am the all access pass, I kick ass, and ain’t no doubt I’m super-wicked.” It’s hard to harbor any doubts when she delivers those lines with such swagger and self confidence. But what do you think, Booth readers – is Cheri Dennis ready to bounce back and make 2011 her biggest year yet? Those rooting for her should keep it locked for release details on her forthcoming, as-yet-untitled second album.
Written by richard on 12/15/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Portrait ft. Yung Joc & Gorilla Zoe" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)