Since she signed with Bad Boy in 2001, Cheri Dennis has been the victim of relentless industry shenanigans. After seven long years on the label back burner, her debut full-length, In and Out of Love, was released with minimal promotion to disappointing sales. Though many would see that as grounds to walk away from the label, Cheri’s staying positive, concentrating on recording a strong follow-up. This week, Ms. Dennis released several recordings via her Twitter page, hoping to gain some helpful fan feedback. After listening to all of them, collectively called the Chericoke “Secret Sessions” sampler, the Booth’s decided to roll with a track that sees her returning to her old-school slow-jam mode. On Let’s Get Down, Cheri finds herself unable to resist a special man’s charms. Over Tubb Young‘s chilled-out boardwork, she invites him to spend a steamy night at her place. Though little is known regarding Dennis’ sophomore album, Let’s Get Down should stir up anticipation among listeners with a taste for grown and sexy music—hopefully, Diddy‘s learned a few lessons since last time.
Written by Burmy on 07/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Portrait ft. Yung Joc & Gorilla Zoe" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.