Che’Nelle channels a little emo angst on her latest single and second Booth feature, but that shouldn’t scare you away; Razor‘s “you cut me so deep” chorus is purely metaphorical, and the record itself is the kind of danceable club pop fans have come to expect from the Malaysian/Australian singer/songwriter. With R&B heartthrob Colby O’Donis providing a upbeat, synth-laced accompaniment, Che’nelle vents her emotions to a man who broke her heart beyond repair. After she’s had her say, O’Donis steps in to give the male perspective, expressing his own heartbreak in an impressive speed-soul verse that carries the cut (no pun intended) to its climatic breakdown. A perfect anthem for those seeking to dance their romantic woes away, Razor (Cut Me So Deep) will appear on Che’nelle’s currently-untitled sophomore album, which has yet to receive a release date from her label home, SCIP/Capitol.
Written by richard on 02/4/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.