Che’Nelle channels a little emo angst on her latest single and second Booth feature, but that shouldn’t scare you away; Razor‘s “you cut me so deep” chorus is purely metaphorical, and the record itself is the kind of danceable club pop fans have come to expect from the Malaysian/Australian singer/songwriter. With R&B heartthrob Colby O’Donis providing a upbeat, synth-laced accompaniment, Che’nelle vents her emotions to a man who broke her heart beyond repair. After she’s had her say, O’Donis steps in to give the male perspective, expressing his own heartbreak in an impressive speed-soul verse that carries the cut (no pun intended) to its climatic breakdown. A perfect anthem for those seeking to dance their romantic woes away, Razor (Cut Me So Deep) will appear on Che’nelle’s currently-untitled sophomore album, which has yet to receive a release date from her label home, SCIP/Capitol.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. A$AP Ferg - Lac Lac
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Lupe Fiasco x Ab-Soul - Thorns & Horns
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.