Che’Nelle channels a little emo angst on her latest single and second Booth feature, but that shouldn’t scare you away; Razor‘s “you cut me so deep” chorus is purely metaphorical, and the record itself is the kind of danceable club pop fans have come to expect from the Malaysian/Australian singer/songwriter. With R&B heartthrob Colby O’Donis providing a upbeat, synth-laced accompaniment, Che’nelle vents her emotions to a man who broke her heart beyond repair. After she’s had her say, O’Donis steps in to give the male perspective, expressing his own heartbreak in an impressive speed-soul verse that carries the cut (no pun intended) to its climatic breakdown. A perfect anthem for those seeking to dance their romantic woes away, Razor (Cut Me So Deep) will appear on Che’nelle’s currently-untitled sophomore album, which has yet to receive a release date from her label home, SCIP/Capitol.
Written by richard on 02/4/09
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.