Che’Nelle channels a little emo angst on her latest single and second Booth feature, but that shouldn’t scare you away; Razor‘s “you cut me so deep” chorus is purely metaphorical, and the record itself is the kind of danceable club pop fans have come to expect from the Malaysian/Australian singer/songwriter. With R&B heartthrob Colby O’Donis providing a upbeat, synth-laced accompaniment, Che’nelle vents her emotions to a man who broke her heart beyond repair. After she’s had her say, O’Donis steps in to give the male perspective, expressing his own heartbreak in an impressive speed-soul verse that carries the cut (no pun intended) to its climatic breakdown. A perfect anthem for those seeking to dance their romantic woes away, Razor (Cut Me So Deep) will appear on Che’nelle’s currently-untitled sophomore album, which has yet to receive a release date from her label home, SCIP/Capitol.
Written by richard on 02/4/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.