Che’Nelle channels a little emo angst on her latest single and second Booth feature, but that shouldn’t scare you away; Razor‘s “you cut me so deep” chorus is purely metaphorical, and the record itself is the kind of danceable club pop fans have come to expect from the Malaysian/Australian singer/songwriter. With R&B heartthrob Colby O’Donis providing a upbeat, synth-laced accompaniment, Che’nelle vents her emotions to a man who broke her heart beyond repair. After she’s had her say, O’Donis steps in to give the male perspective, expressing his own heartbreak in an impressive speed-soul verse that carries the cut (no pun intended) to its climatic breakdown. A perfect anthem for those seeking to dance their romantic woes away, Razor (Cut Me So Deep) will appear on Che’nelle’s currently-untitled sophomore album, which has yet to receive a release date from her label home, SCIP/Capitol.
Written by richard on 02/4/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.