If I heard Chelsea Jane tell me that “Boys drools and girls rule,” when I was a child, I would have wholeheartedly agreed out of fear. If she told me that today, I’d might do the same. Why? Because the Queensland, Australia emcee has the attitude and the necessary skills to rap almost anyone down to submission, let alone just boys. On her DJBooth debut and the premiere of her new video single, Where The Boys At?, the world class emcee laughs at anyone who’s ever dismissed her skills for “being pretty good for a girl,” and then proceeds to let her verses do the talking. Directors J Gatsby and Kap Kallous take the EDM spiked beat from Mules Mecca to paint Chelsea as a sinister emcee out to turn heads so fast that they snap. And you can’t front that her double time isn’t smoother than some rapper’s slower flows. It only makes sense that she became the first female to win the at the Hilltop Hoods Hip Hop Initiative and perform at the Sprung Festival in 2013. At this rate, more and more fans outside of Australia will be looking out for her Divide & Conquer album, which is set to drop sooner than later.
Written by Bryan H on 05/4/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.