Children learn from the people around them—no matter how stridently those people might insist that they don’t want to be Role Models. On his first DJBooth feature and latest single, making its world premiere right here on our front page, Detroit rhymesayer Chel examines the ways in which his male relatives’ involvement with the hustle shaped the course of his life, and uneasily contemplates what the young’ns might be taking away from his tracks. As he puts it over Es-K and DopeDeeBeats pensive, sampled boardwork: “All the little n**gas wanna be like me, but they don’t know that it’s a demon in this white tee.” For Role Model and much more, check out Chel’s Pitbulls&Black People EP when it drops digitally February 14, 2013.
Written by richard on 12/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"House of Mirrors" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.