Children learn from the people around them—no matter how stridently those people might insist that they don’t want to be Role Models. On his first DJBooth feature and latest single, making its world premiere right here on our front page, Detroit rhymesayer Chel examines the ways in which his male relatives’ involvement with the hustle shaped the course of his life, and uneasily contemplates what the young’ns might be taking away from his tracks. As he puts it over Es-K and DopeDeeBeats pensive, sampled boardwork: “All the little n**gas wanna be like me, but they don’t know that it’s a demon in this white tee.” For Role Model and much more, check out Chel’s Pitbulls&Black People EP when it drops digitally February 14, 2013.
Written by richard on 12/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"House of Mirrors" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)