Children learn from the people around them—no matter how stridently those people might insist that they don’t want to be Role Models. On his first DJBooth feature and latest single, making its world premiere right here on our front page, Detroit rhymesayer Chel examines the ways in which his male relatives’ involvement with the hustle shaped the course of his life, and uneasily contemplates what the young’ns might be taking away from his tracks. As he puts it over Es-K and DopeDeeBeats pensive, sampled boardwork: “All the little n**gas wanna be like me, but they don’t know that it’s a demon in this white tee.” For Role Model and much more, check out Chel’s Pitbulls&Black People EP when it drops digitally February 14, 2013.
Written by richard on 12/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"House of Mirrors" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.