Like many rappers, Che Grand views his Gold Chains as more than flashy accessories; to the NYC-based emcee, born to Nigerian parents in Great Britain, they’re emblematic of both his heritage and his drive to become hip-hop royalty, and, as he explains on this newly-leaked LP cut (labeled as Part Deux, though there doesn’t seem to be a prequel on the tracklist), he’s not going to stop rocking them anytime soon. PB‘s densely-layered boardwork sets the stage for a synth-soaked rap anthem and Grand brings lyrical fire to match, self-mythologizing in a laid-back, unflappably confident flow. I’m not sure who “they” are who wish Che’d stay in his lane, but I have a feeling that, if the up-and-comer keeps turning out jams like this one, Booth readers will be more than happy to swerve along with him. Those who like what they’re hearing can find this track, along with previous features Chateau Gold, Too Much Too Soon, and Girls Talk, on Everything’s Good Ugly (dropping tomorrow, the 18th). Watch for Che Grand to step into the Booth for an exclusive freestyle after our series resumes in September!
Listen to More: Che Grand
Written by richard on 08/17/09
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)