With the rise of artists like Lupe Fiasco and The Cool Kids, a new breed of hipster emcee has begun to find its niche in a rap industry previously characterized by hustlers and pimps. Don’t let their pink sweatshirts or Ray-Bans fool you, however; these guys might rap about having a good time, but they mean business. The newest “in kid” to this trendsetting scene is Che Grand, a cap gun-wielding college boy out of Bed-Stuy. The first single off his debut album, Everything’s Good Ugly, is called Girls Talk. Featuring a uniquely dope beat by Aeon that sounds something like watered-down House music, the song tackles the various methods of dealing with groupie love. As an added (though somewhat out of place) bonus he even includes a sample of Missy Elliot’s Work It.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/11/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.