With the rise of artists like Lupe Fiasco and The Cool Kids, a new breed of hipster emcee has begun to find its niche in a rap industry previously characterized by hustlers and pimps. Don’t let their pink sweatshirts or Ray-Bans fool you, however; these guys might rap about having a good time, but they mean business. The newest “in kid” to this trendsetting scene is Che Grand, a cap gun-wielding college boy out of Bed-Stuy. The first single off his debut album, Everything’s Good Ugly, is called Girls Talk. Featuring a uniquely dope beat by Aeon that sounds something like watered-down House music, the song tackles the various methods of dealing with groupie love. As an added (though somewhat out of place) bonus he even includes a sample of Missy Elliot’s Work It.
Listen to More: Che Grand Written by Charlie E.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!