With the rise of artists like Lupe Fiasco and The Cool Kids, a new breed of hipster emcee has begun to find its niche in a rap industry previously characterized by hustlers and pimps. Don’t let their pink sweatshirts or Ray-Bans fool you, however; these guys might rap about having a good time, but they mean business. The newest “in kid” to this trendsetting scene is Che Grand, a cap gun-wielding college boy out of Bed-Stuy. The first single off his debut album, Everything’s Good Ugly, is called Girls Talk. Featuring a uniquely dope beat by Aeon that sounds something like watered-down House music, the song tackles the various methods of dealing with groupie love. As an added (though somewhat out of place) bonus he even includes a sample of Missy Elliot’s Work It.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/11/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)