With the rise of artists like Lupe Fiasco and The Cool Kids, a new breed of hipster emcee has begun to find its niche in a rap industry previously characterized by hustlers and pimps. Don’t let their pink sweatshirts or Ray-Bans fool you, however; these guys might rap about having a good time, but they mean business. The newest “in kid” to this trendsetting scene is Che Grand, a cap gun-wielding college boy out of Bed-Stuy. The first single off his debut album, Everything’s Good Ugly, is called Girls Talk. Featuring a uniquely dope beat by Aeon that sounds something like watered-down House music, the song tackles the various methods of dealing with groupie love. As an added (though somewhat out of place) bonus he even includes a sample of Missy Elliot’s Work It.
Listen to More: Che Grand
Written by Charlie E. on 06/11/08
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.