With the rise of artists like Lupe Fiasco and The Cool Kids, a new breed of hipster emcee has begun to find its niche in a rap industry previously characterized by hustlers and pimps. Don’t let their pink sweatshirts or Ray-Bans fool you, however; these guys might rap about having a good time, but they mean business. The newest “in kid” to this trendsetting scene is Che Grand, a cap gun-wielding college boy out of Bed-Stuy. The first single off his debut album, Everything’s Good Ugly, is called Girls Talk. Featuring a uniquely dope beat by Aeon that sounds something like watered-down House music, the song tackles the various methods of dealing with groupie love. As an added (though somewhat out of place) bonus he even includes a sample of Missy Elliot’s Work It.
Listen to More: Che Grand
Written by Charlie E. on 06/11/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.