Featured last week, Love Hate found Booth newcomer Novakane lamenting the fact that, though his longtime girlfriend-turned-ex was making his life a living hell, he simply couldn’t get over her. The Chi-town up-and-comer could afford to take a few lessons from Che Grand; on his latest single, the NYC native teams up with Unsung Hero Colin Munroe to cut potential romantic woes off at the pass, telling an overeager shorty the relationship is simply, “Too Much Too Soon.” When the emcee starts receiving faxed death threats from the woman spurned, it’s pretty clear he made the correct decision. Munroe’s own production, propelled by ‘70s-pop piano chords, gives the record a infectiously breezy vibe as Che ponders the eternal question of where to draw the line. Too Much Too Soon is set to appear on the spring ‘09 release of Grand’s debut studio album, Everything’s Good Ugly.
Written by richard on 02/15/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.