Featured last week, Love Hate found Booth newcomer Novakane lamenting the fact that, though his longtime girlfriend-turned-ex was making his life a living hell, he simply couldn’t get over her. The Chi-town up-and-comer could afford to take a few lessons from Che Grand; on his latest single, the NYC native teams up with Unsung Hero Colin Munroe to cut potential romantic woes off at the pass, telling an overeager shorty the relationship is simply, “Too Much Too Soon.” When the emcee starts receiving faxed death threats from the woman spurned, it’s pretty clear he made the correct decision. Munroe’s own production, propelled by ‘70s-pop piano chords, gives the record a infectiously breezy vibe as Che ponders the eternal question of where to draw the line. Too Much Too Soon is set to appear on the spring ‘09 release of Grand’s debut studio album, Everything’s Good Ugly.
Written by richard on 02/15/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.