Featured last week, Love Hate found Booth newcomer Novakane lamenting the fact that, though his longtime girlfriend-turned-ex was making his life a living hell, he simply couldn’t get over her. The Chi-town up-and-comer could afford to take a few lessons from Che Grand; on his latest single, the NYC native teams up with Unsung Hero Colin Munroe to cut potential romantic woes off at the pass, telling an overeager shorty the relationship is simply, “Too Much Too Soon.” When the emcee starts receiving faxed death threats from the woman spurned, it’s pretty clear he made the correct decision. Munroe’s own production, propelled by ‘70s-pop piano chords, gives the record a infectiously breezy vibe as Che ponders the eternal question of where to draw the line. Too Much Too Soon is set to appear on the spring ‘09 release of Grand’s debut studio album, Everything’s Good Ugly.
Written by richard on 02/15/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.