Listeners who get a chance to sample Uche Anosike’s Chateau Gold will notice how adept the emcee is at flipping his interestingly schizoid rhyme patterns into wry witticisms. Otherwise known as Che Grand, the international transplant utilizes his cultured ear over Brian Brizzo’s dope beat. Serenading his nerdy ladies, Grand proves that beauty is only skin deep on this poetic cut off his December album, Everything’s Good Ugly. Prettier than Flavor Flav on the mic, Che Grand’s hustle has brought him from sea to shining sea, but his determination, focus, and New York grind should be taken as proof positive that Mr. Anosike has more than just gold on his mind.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/20/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.