Listeners who get a chance to sample Uche Anosike’s Chateau Gold will notice how adept the emcee is at flipping his interestingly schizoid rhyme patterns into wry witticisms. Otherwise known as Che Grand, the international transplant utilizes his cultured ear over Brian Brizzo’s dope beat. Serenading his nerdy ladies, Grand proves that beauty is only skin deep on this poetic cut off his December album, Everything’s Good Ugly. Prettier than Flavor Flav on the mic, Che Grand’s hustle has brought him from sea to shining sea, but his determination, focus, and New York grind should be taken as proof positive that Mr. Anosike has more than just gold on his mind.
Listen to More: Che Grand Written by Kevin L. Clark
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.