Listeners who get a chance to sample Uche Anosike’s Chateau Gold will notice how adept the emcee is at flipping his interestingly schizoid rhyme patterns into wry witticisms. Otherwise known as Che Grand, the international transplant utilizes his cultured ear over Brian Brizzo’s dope beat. Serenading his nerdy ladies, Grand proves that beauty is only skin deep on this poetic cut off his December album, Everything’s Good Ugly. Prettier than Flavor Flav on the mic, Che Grand’s hustle has brought him from sea to shining sea, but his determination, focus, and New York grind should be taken as proof positive that Mr. Anosike has more than just gold on his mind.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/20/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.