Listeners who get a chance to sample Uche Anosike’s Chateau Gold will notice how adept the emcee is at flipping his interestingly schizoid rhyme patterns into wry witticisms. Otherwise known as Che Grand, the international transplant utilizes his cultured ear over Brian Brizzo’s dope beat. Serenading his nerdy ladies, Grand proves that beauty is only skin deep on this poetic cut off his December album, Everything’s Good Ugly. Prettier than Flavor Flav on the mic, Che Grand’s hustle has brought him from sea to shining sea, but his determination, focus, and New York grind should be taken as proof positive that Mr. Anosike has more than just gold on his mind.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/20/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.