Listeners who get a chance to sample Uche Anosike’s Chateau Gold will notice how adept the emcee is at flipping his interestingly schizoid rhyme patterns into wry witticisms. Otherwise known as Che Grand, the international transplant utilizes his cultured ear over Brian Brizzo’s dope beat. Serenading his nerdy ladies, Grand proves that beauty is only skin deep on this poetic cut off his December album, Everything’s Good Ugly. Prettier than Flavor Flav on the mic, Che Grand’s hustle has brought him from sea to shining sea, but his determination, focus, and New York grind should be taken as proof positive that Mr. Anosike has more than just gold on his mind.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/20/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.