I don’t know about y’all, but I’m pretty damn happy that Walls can’t talk. I mean, even if they were polite enough not to spill your most intimate secrets, I just can’t imagine entities with pink fiberglass for brains having anything worthwhile to say. On her latest promo single and first Booth feature, rising R&B starlet Chayse confirms my suspicion: “If these four walls could talk, they’d be like ‘Hello, hello, hello, hello.’” What would be annoying/creepy to me, however, is apparently a turn-on for the Houston crooner; with Cameron Wallace‘s synth-drenched instrumental banging in the background, the artist soulfully explains exactly how her body would respond if they were to chime in while she was getting hot and heavy with her significant other. Neither is guest emcee Jadakiss disturbed by the interruption; playing the male counterpart to Chayse’s leading lady, the D-Block emcee laces the beat with some gritty-yet-suave pillow talk (and, yes, a bird squawk or two). So, readers, if your walls could talk, would they be asking you to press repeat? If so, then you (and your walls) should keep it locked for all the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 08/28/11
Submit your Rating
Old Bway Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.