I don’t know about y’all, but I’m pretty damn happy that Walls can’t talk. I mean, even if they were polite enough not to spill your most intimate secrets, I just can’t imagine entities with pink fiberglass for brains having anything worthwhile to say. On her latest promo single and first Booth feature, rising R&B starlet Chayse confirms my suspicion: “If these four walls could talk, they’d be like ‘Hello, hello, hello, hello.’” What would be annoying/creepy to me, however, is apparently a turn-on for the Houston crooner; with Cameron Wallace‘s synth-drenched instrumental banging in the background, the artist soulfully explains exactly how her body would respond if they were to chime in while she was getting hot and heavy with her significant other. Neither is guest emcee Jadakiss disturbed by the interruption; playing the male counterpart to Chayse’s leading lady, the D-Block emcee laces the beat with some gritty-yet-suave pillow talk (and, yes, a bird squawk or two). So, readers, if your walls could talk, would they be asking you to press repeat? If so, then you (and your walls) should keep it locked for all the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 08/28/11
Old Bway Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.