Chase N. Cashe isn’t one to settle; not only is the Surf Club emcee uncompromising when it comes to getting that paper (hence the name), but he brings the same sense of purpose to his love life, refusing to trifle with women he’s not one-hundred percent serious about. On his latest single (and Booth debut on the solo tip), the Southern up-and-comer informs a special girl that he’d like her to be his everything, insisting, “I Don’t Want Nothing, if I can’t have it all.” Over DreamTeam Productions’ smooth, R&B-informed beat (centered around a sample from Tank‘s Coldest), Chase makes a forthright effort to convince said shawty that their love is meant to be, acknowledging the uncertainties that come with the musician’s lifestyle, but expressing his faith that they’ll be able to support each other both emotionally and financially through thick and thin: “If I couldn’t have it all, then I wouldn’t choose you / You use me, I use you.” Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked – Cashe’s latest full-length, Gumbeaux has yet to receive a release date, but you can keep it locked to the Booth for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 01/31/11
The Crown Bearers
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.