If you’d asked me a few weeks ago, I would have told you that being the motherf**king man was like being the Pope: once granted, the title stays with you till the day you die, at which point all the Cardinals gather in St. Peter’s Basilica to pick your successor. But in light of recent events, I haven’t known what the f**k to believe. Today, Surf Club rapper/producer Chase N. Cashe assures us that he’s in it for the long haul with new single I’m the Man 2.0, the sequel to a track off 2012 debut street album The Heir Up There. Over his own synth-brass drones and whip-ready percussion, Cashe stresses the continuity of his hustle and his lifelong commitment to getting that paper. Craving more fresh tunes from the once and future Man? Heir Wave has yet to receive an official drop date, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest in the coming weeks. In the meantime, November 2012’s Charm tape is still available for streaming and purchase in the Booth.
Written by richard on 02/19/13
Submit your Rating
The Crown Bearers
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Want Nothing" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.