If you’d asked me a few weeks ago, I would have told you that being the motherf**king man was like being the Pope: once granted, the title stays with you till the day you die, at which point all the Cardinals gather in St. Peter’s Basilica to pick your successor. But in light of recent events, I haven’t known what the f**k to believe. Today, Surf Club rapper/producer Chase N. Cashe assures us that he’s in it for the long haul with new single I’m the Man 2.0, the sequel to a track off 2012 debut street album The Heir Up There. Over his own synth-brass drones and whip-ready percussion, Cashe stresses the continuity of his hustle and his lifelong commitment to getting that paper. Craving more fresh tunes from the once and future Man? Heir Wave has yet to receive an official drop date, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest in the coming weeks. In the meantime, November 2012’s Charm tape is still available for streaming and purchase in the Booth.
Written by richard on 02/19/13
Submit your Rating
The Crown Bearers
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Want Nothing" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.