Q: What does Chase N’ Cashe love?
A: Matlock reruns and gardening on Sundays.
Just kidding. He loves money, just in case the moniker wasn’t already a dead giveaway. After gracing DJBooth back in September with his single Watch Me, CNC is back with a new video single I Don’t Play. Chase N Cashe is here to set the record straight: when it comes to his money, it is indeed NOT a game. Set to a CA$HLAY directed video that loops images of people counting large sums of money and tossing it into duffel bags, it looks like we’re watching scrambled surveillance footage of a serious operation that’s about to go down. Hidden Faces’ sparse production speaks to the minimalism of the video, and leaves the listener feeling ominous. Welcome to the trap, people. If you want more CNC, watch out for the NOLA-native’s forthcoming album Charm on November 12.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 11/7/12
Submit your Rating
The Crown Bearers
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Want Nothing" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)