Q: What does Chase N’ Cashe love?
A: Matlock reruns and gardening on Sundays.
Just kidding. He loves money, just in case the moniker wasn’t already a dead giveaway. After gracing DJBooth back in September with his single Watch Me, CNC is back with a new video single I Don’t Play. Chase N Cashe is here to set the record straight: when it comes to his money, it is indeed NOT a game. Set to a CA$HLAY directed video that loops images of people counting large sums of money and tossing it into duffel bags, it looks like we’re watching scrambled surveillance footage of a serious operation that’s about to go down. Hidden Faces’ sparse production speaks to the minimalism of the video, and leaves the listener feeling ominous. Welcome to the trap, people. If you want more CNC, watch out for the NOLA-native’s forthcoming album Charm on November 12.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 11/7/12
Submit your Rating
The Crown Bearers
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Want Nothing" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.