In today’s constantly-wired society, it’s not unusual to spend half or more of one’s waking hours—along with many of the hours when one should be sleeping—in cyberspace. On new mixtape single Sleepy People, making its world premiere in The DJBooth, Boston spitter Charmingly Ghetto reflects on the addictions, both chemical and technological, that eat up so much of our time. In his final verse, he urges listeners to shake off their torpor and focus on the important things in life: “Love your homies / Give your other half a call, dribble a basketball / Stimulate your mind, there’s nothing cool when your sh*t is tired.” ATG handles production duties, backing the emcee’s bars with an appropriately somnolent, Chipmunk-pitched sample. Feeling it? Then don’t sleep on Charmingly Ghetto’s Of the Meaning of Progress street album, scheduled to hit the Booth July 2, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Plight" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.