In today’s constantly-wired society, it’s not unusual to spend half or more of one’s waking hours—along with many of the hours when one should be sleeping—in cyberspace. On new mixtape single Sleepy People, making its world premiere in The DJBooth, Boston spitter Charmingly Ghetto reflects on the addictions, both chemical and technological, that eat up so much of our time. In his final verse, he urges listeners to shake off their torpor and focus on the important things in life: “Love your homies / Give your other half a call, dribble a basketball / Stimulate your mind, there’s nothing cool when your sh*t is tired.” ATG handles production duties, backing the emcee’s bars with an appropriately somnolent, Chipmunk-pitched sample. Feeling it? Then don’t sleep on Charmingly Ghetto’s Of the Meaning of Progress street album, scheduled to hit the Booth July 2, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Plight" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.