In today’s constantly-wired society, it’s not unusual to spend half or more of one’s waking hours—along with many of the hours when one should be sleeping—in cyberspace. On new mixtape single Sleepy People, making its world premiere in The DJBooth, Boston spitter Charmingly Ghetto reflects on the addictions, both chemical and technological, that eat up so much of our time. In his final verse, he urges listeners to shake off their torpor and focus on the important things in life: “Love your homies / Give your other half a call, dribble a basketball / Stimulate your mind, there’s nothing cool when your sh*t is tired.” ATG handles production duties, backing the emcee’s bars with an appropriately somnolent, Chipmunk-pitched sample. Feeling it? Then don’t sleep on Charmingly Ghetto’s Of the Meaning of Progress street album, scheduled to hit the Booth July 2, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Plight" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.