In today’s constantly-wired society, it’s not unusual to spend half or more of one’s waking hours—along with many of the hours when one should be sleeping—in cyberspace. On new mixtape single Sleepy People, making its world premiere in The DJBooth, Boston spitter Charmingly Ghetto reflects on the addictions, both chemical and technological, that eat up so much of our time. In his final verse, he urges listeners to shake off their torpor and focus on the important things in life: “Love your homies / Give your other half a call, dribble a basketball / Stimulate your mind, there’s nothing cool when your sh*t is tired.” ATG handles production duties, backing the emcee’s bars with an appropriately somnolent, Chipmunk-pitched sample. Feeling it? Then don’t sleep on Charmingly Ghetto’s Of the Meaning of Progress street album, scheduled to hit the Booth July 2, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Plight" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.