Although the city of Boston and our friends across the pond have had quite the interesting relationship (anyone remember that little party involving tea?), Beantown emcee Charmingly Ghetto and UK-based producer Cypria were still able to whip up a heavy amount of dopeness on their latest collab No Light. Serving as the first single off of the their forthcoming, collaborative EP Scotland Yahd, No Light is a whimsical mix of Ghetto’s powerful lyrics and Cypria’s equally mesmerizing production. As if the chemistry between the emcee/production duo wasn’t already heightened enough the pair also recruit Boston vocalist Steph Barrak for No Light‘s airy hook. Stay on the prowl for more tunes from the duo when Scotland Yahd is released this September.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Plight" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.