Although the city of Boston and our friends across the pond have had quite the interesting relationship (anyone remember that little party involving tea?), Beantown emcee Charmingly Ghetto and UK-based producer Cypria were still able to whip up a heavy amount of dopeness on their latest collab No Light. Serving as the first single off of the their forthcoming, collaborative EP Scotland Yahd, No Light is a whimsical mix of Ghetto’s powerful lyrics and Cypria’s equally mesmerizing production. As if the chemistry between the emcee/production duo wasn’t already heightened enough the pair also recruit Boston vocalist Steph Barrak for No Light‘s airy hook. Stay on the prowl for more tunes from the duo when Scotland Yahd is released this September.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Plight" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.