Of all the stage names out there (and there are a lot), Charmingly Ghetto is definitely one of my favorites. I don’t know what it is, but I’ve always loved the name. Oh, and he can rap, too. On his latest single, I’ve Arrived, Mr. Ghetto devours ATG’s soulful beat (complemented by the fluttery vocals of Katrina Rene), exhibiting a fiery, impassioned flow that makes each line ring out like a pistol shot. Thankfully, he leaves enough for his guests, REKS and Murph Watkins, to have their fill as well. REKS showcases a similarly demonstrative, tenacious flow, but Murph switches things up with a more laid-back, fluid delivery. If you’re feeling I’ve Arrived, be sure to check out Of the Meaning of Progress, Charmingly Ghetto’s latest album, available for free streaming and download in The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Plight" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.