Despite what his irreverent stage name may suggest, Charmingly Ghetto isn’t so attached to the ‘hood that he refuses to leave. On the contrary, he knows that pursuing one’s dreams often means leaving familiar surroundings far behind. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the latest single off the Boston representative’s Booth-hosted mixtape follows the artist as he strives to rise above his struggle-ridden circumstances and lay the groundwork for a brighter day, without compromising the artistic vision that inspired him to start spitting. Joining Ghetto over ATG‘s dreamy, keyboard-driven production, singer Katrina Renee ties the record together with her airy chorus vocals. Fans will be able to find this low-key banger, previous single Redefined and many more fresh cuts on Of the Meaning of Progress, set to hit The DJBooth July 2, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Plight" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.