Despite what his irreverent stage name may suggest, Charmingly Ghetto isn’t so attached to the ‘hood that he refuses to leave. On the contrary, he knows that pursuing one’s dreams often means leaving familiar surroundings far behind. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the latest single off the Boston representative’s Booth-hosted mixtape follows the artist as he strives to rise above his struggle-ridden circumstances and lay the groundwork for a brighter day, without compromising the artistic vision that inspired him to start spitting. Joining Ghetto over ATG‘s dreamy, keyboard-driven production, singer Katrina Renee ties the record together with her airy chorus vocals. Fans will be able to find this low-key banger, previous single Redefined and many more fresh cuts on Of the Meaning of Progress, set to hit The DJBooth July 2, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Plight" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.