Despite what his irreverent stage name may suggest, Charmingly Ghetto isn’t so attached to the ‘hood that he refuses to leave. On the contrary, he knows that pursuing one’s dreams often means leaving familiar surroundings far behind. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the latest single off the Boston representative’s Booth-hosted mixtape follows the artist as he strives to rise above his struggle-ridden circumstances and lay the groundwork for a brighter day, without compromising the artistic vision that inspired him to start spitting. Joining Ghetto over ATG‘s dreamy, keyboard-driven production, singer Katrina Renee ties the record together with her airy chorus vocals. Fans will be able to find this low-key banger, previous single Redefined and many more fresh cuts on Of the Meaning of Progress, set to hit The DJBooth July 2, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Plight" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Girl Drake’s Ever Mentioned in a Song Ever
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.