Asking a hip-hop fan to pick a favorite song from De La Soul is like asking a parent to pick their favorite child, it just cant be done. There are simply too many quality jams to select one as a favorite. Whether you are an Eye Know fan, or like me, you are partial to Me, Myself, and I, anyone can appreciate Charmingly Ghetto’s De La Soul tribute Black Elephant. This standout cut, direct off his brand new project, Kickz-N-Starez, plays host to Def Soul’s boardwork, in which he scrambles De La’s Stakes Is High record to be the base of his jazzy, yet slightly edgy concoction. Atop the beat, CG looks to impress Posdnuos and co. with a speedy, unremitting flow, which cuts right through the crisp production. Kickz-N-Starez is out now and available for free download via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Plight" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.