Asking a hip-hop fan to pick a favorite song from De La Soul is like asking a parent to pick their favorite child, it just cant be done. There are simply too many quality jams to select one as a favorite. Whether you are an Eye Know fan, or like me, you are partial to Me, Myself, and I, anyone can appreciate Charmingly Ghetto’s De La Soul tribute Black Elephant. This standout cut, direct off his brand new project, Kickz-N-Starez, plays host to Def Soul’s boardwork, in which he scrambles De La’s Stakes Is High record to be the base of his jazzy, yet slightly edgy concoction. Atop the beat, CG looks to impress Posdnuos and co. with a speedy, unremitting flow, which cuts right through the crisp production. Kickz-N-Starez is out now and available for free download via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Plight" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.