Asking a hip-hop fan to pick a favorite song from De La Soul is like asking a parent to pick their favorite child, it just cant be done. There are simply too many quality jams to select one as a favorite. Whether you are an Eye Know fan, or like me, you are partial to Me, Myself, and I, anyone can appreciate Charmingly Ghetto’s De La Soul tribute Black Elephant. This standout cut, direct off his brand new project, Kickz-N-Starez, plays host to Def Soul’s boardwork, in which he scrambles De La’s Stakes Is High record to be the base of his jazzy, yet slightly edgy concoction. Atop the beat, CG looks to impress Posdnuos and co. with a speedy, unremitting flow, which cuts right through the crisp production. Kickz-N-Starez is out now and available for free download via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Plight" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.