Have you ever f**ked up—I mean, really f**ked up? Then CharlieRED‘s latest single goes out to you. Following late June’s GreenGREED, On My Mind is a ragged, bluesy meditation on betrayal, deception and regret. (In other words, it could be Carlos Danger’s theme song—er, if the man was capable of shame.) Cobaine Ivory‘s grimy bassline and reverberant guitar slashes back vocalist Rocki Evans as he gives vent to his guilty conscience, illustrating his shattered mental state via ragged howls and quavering falsetto. This caustic, yet energizing jam is just the beginning of the fresh material in store on sophomore release MUSE, set to drop digitally on Tuesday, August 20.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
DJBooth-approved duo CharlieRED, who brought us last December's Religion EP, have released their follow-up effort, MUSE.. Included on the Rocki Evans-performed and Cobaine Ivory-produced 12-track project are...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Radiant Child" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.