Have you ever f**ked up—I mean, really f**ked up? Then CharlieRED‘s latest single goes out to you. Following late June’s GreenGREED, On My Mind is a ragged, bluesy meditation on betrayal, deception and regret. (In other words, it could be Carlos Danger’s theme song—er, if the man was capable of shame.) Cobaine Ivory‘s grimy bassline and reverberant guitar slashes back vocalist Rocki Evans as he gives vent to his guilty conscience, illustrating his shattered mental state via ragged howls and quavering falsetto. This caustic, yet energizing jam is just the beginning of the fresh material in store on sophomore release MUSE, set to drop digitally on Tuesday, August 20.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Radiant Child" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.