Have you ever f**ked up—I mean, really f**ked up? Then CharlieRED‘s latest single goes out to you. Following late June’s GreenGREED, On My Mind is a ragged, bluesy meditation on betrayal, deception and regret. (In other words, it could be Carlos Danger’s theme song—er, if the man was capable of shame.) Cobaine Ivory‘s grimy bassline and reverberant guitar slashes back vocalist Rocki Evans as he gives vent to his guilty conscience, illustrating his shattered mental state via ragged howls and quavering falsetto. This caustic, yet energizing jam is just the beginning of the fresh material in store on sophomore release MUSE, set to drop digitally on Tuesday, August 20.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Radiant Child" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.