From the first time Rocki Evans and Cobaine Ivory of CharlieRED heard her voice, they knew it: they were in love with Norah Jones. Sick of hiding it from the world, the alt-R&B duo shout their passion for the smoky-voiced chanteuse from the figurative rooftops on a newly-released standout off their DJBooth-hosted debut EP. Over his partner’s hip-hop infused production, Evans serenades Ms. Jones with lovestruck urgency, struggling to articulate just what is it about her that’s got him so enchanted. On the back, he ponders what might happen if the object of his affection were to hear the song, and expresses his hope that she won’t take it the wrong way: ”Distance shouldn’t cloud your view / I’m only just a fan.” For this cut, previous singles Kansas and Radiant Child, and more, check out Charlie Red’s Religion EP, released December 4, and available here for free streaming/download.
Written by richard on 12/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Radiant Child" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.