The title track off Charlie Red‘s first collaborative project, the Religion EP, found the Big Apple hip-hop/blues duo offering a cynical perspective on contemporary faith, intimating that modern-day Christianity may have more to do with mammon than God. On GreenGREED, the lead single off their sophomore digital release, singer Rocki Evans and beatsmith Cobaine Ivory take aim at the Almighty Dollar itself. As he delivers mordant commentary on the rat race, Evans showcases his formidable range as a vocalist, switching between smooth crooning and ragged howls at the drop of a dime. Cobaine’s ramshackle percussion and droning guitar riffs add to the joint’s dark, grimy ambiance. MUSE. is scheduled for digital release on Tuesday, August 20. In the meantime, of course, fans can stay tuned to the Booth for the latest song releases.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view CharlieRED’s Govales’-directed GreenGREED visual.
Written by richard on 07/16/13
DJBooth-approved duo CharlieRED, who brought us last December's Religion EP, have released their follow-up effort, MUSE.. Included on the Rocki Evans-performed and Cobaine Ivory-produced 12-track project are...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Radiant Child" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.