The title track off Charlie Red‘s first collaborative project, the Religion EP, found the Big Apple hip-hop/blues duo offering a cynical perspective on contemporary faith, intimating that modern-day Christianity may have more to do with mammon than God. On GreenGREED, the lead single off their sophomore digital release, singer Rocki Evans and beatsmith Cobaine Ivory take aim at the Almighty Dollar itself. As he delivers mordant commentary on the rat race, Evans showcases his formidable range as a vocalist, switching between smooth crooning and ragged howls at the drop of a dime. Cobaine’s ramshackle percussion and droning guitar riffs add to the joint’s dark, grimy ambiance. MUSE. is scheduled for digital release on Tuesday, August 20. In the meantime, of course, fans can stay tuned to the Booth for the latest song releases.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view CharlieRED’s Govales’-directed GreenGREED visual.
Written by richard on 07/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Radiant Child" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.