The title track off Charlie Red‘s first collaborative project, the Religion EP, found the Big Apple hip-hop/blues duo offering a cynical perspective on contemporary faith, intimating that modern-day Christianity may have more to do with mammon than God. On GreenGREED, the lead single off their sophomore digital release, singer Rocki Evans and beatsmith Cobaine Ivory take aim at the Almighty Dollar itself. As he delivers mordant commentary on the rat race, Evans showcases his formidable range as a vocalist, switching between smooth crooning and ragged howls at the drop of a dime. Cobaine’s ramshackle percussion and droning guitar riffs add to the joint’s dark, grimy ambiance. MUSE. is scheduled for digital release on Tuesday, August 20. In the meantime, of course, fans can stay tuned to the Booth for the latest song releases.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view CharlieRED’s Govales’-directed GreenGREED visual.
Written by richard on 07/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Radiant Child" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.