The title track off Charlie Red‘s first collaborative project, the Religion EP, found the Big Apple hip-hop/blues duo offering a cynical perspective on contemporary faith, intimating that modern-day Christianity may have more to do with mammon than God. On GreenGREED, the lead single off their sophomore digital release, singer Rocki Evans and beatsmith Cobaine Ivory take aim at the Almighty Dollar itself. As he delivers mordant commentary on the rat race, Evans showcases his formidable range as a vocalist, switching between smooth crooning and ragged howls at the drop of a dime. Cobaine’s ramshackle percussion and droning guitar riffs add to the joint’s dark, grimy ambiance. MUSE. is scheduled for digital release on Tuesday, August 20. In the meantime, of course, fans can stay tuned to the Booth for the latest song releases.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view CharlieRED’s Govales’-directed GreenGREED visual.
Written by richard on 07/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Radiant Child" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.