Though we’re all taught from an early age that money can’t buy love, a listen to pop radio casts doubt on whether we actually believe it; even in the supposedly romantic R&B genre, obscenely expensive gifts and swanky vacations are commonplace tools of seduction. Whether out of principled dissent or because he’s actually broke, Charlie Wilson goes to the opposite extreme on his current hit single, telling a woman he’s got his eye on, “My Love Is All I Have to give.” The R&B veteran’s first feature as a headliner since 2010’s You Are, this joint boasts a distinct ‘90s feel, with the headliner pouring his heart out in expansive verses over a soulful throwback beat by himself and Wirlie “Optimas Pryme” Morris. An unknown director lets Wilson’s natural charm shine through in the record’s newly-released official visuals. For this earnest ballad and much more, check out forthcoming full-length Love, Charlie when it hits record stores and online retailers January 29, via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 11/29/12
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.