Though we’re all taught from an early age that money can’t buy love, a listen to pop radio casts doubt on whether we actually believe it; even in the supposedly romantic R&B genre, obscenely expensive gifts and swanky vacations are commonplace tools of seduction. Whether out of principled dissent or because he’s actually broke, Charlie Wilson goes to the opposite extreme on his current hit single, telling a woman he’s got his eye on, “My Love Is All I Have to give.” The R&B veteran’s first feature as a headliner since 2010’s You Are, this joint boasts a distinct ‘90s feel, with the headliner pouring his heart out in expansive verses over a soulful throwback beat by himself and Wirlie “Optimas Pryme” Morris. An unknown director lets Wilson’s natural charm shine through in the record’s newly-released official visuals. For this earnest ballad and much more, check out forthcoming full-length Love, Charlie when it hits record stores and online retailers January 29, via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 11/29/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)