How hot are Charlie Smarts’ rhymes? Well, as the North Carolina emcee explains on this track off his newly-released f’alex LP, those who get in the way of his lyrical fire are liable to end up Well Done. Previously introduced to the Booth as a member of five-piece rap group Kooley High, the emcee flies solo here, flowing over a funky, Foolery-produced instrumental that, though considerably more upbeat than DeLa‘s boardwork on Kooley Is High, shares an old-school vibe with the group’s collective Booth debut. Smarts takes an equally retro-informed tack on the lyrical tip, tempering his scorching braggadocio with a bouncy, always amiable delivery sure to leave Booth regulars smiling. Cuts this Well Done are rare…. and, I don’t know about you guys, but I’m getting a little bit hungry. CS may not be able to treat all his fans to a steak dinner, but those craving a free meal can find more savory hip-hop goodness on f’alex, available for download here.
Written by richard on 07/30/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)