How hot are Charlie Smarts’ rhymes? Well, as the North Carolina emcee explains on this track off his newly-released f’alex LP, those who get in the way of his lyrical fire are liable to end up Well Done. Previously introduced to the Booth as a member of five-piece rap group Kooley High, the emcee flies solo here, flowing over a funky, Foolery-produced instrumental that, though considerably more upbeat than DeLa‘s boardwork on Kooley Is High, shares an old-school vibe with the group’s collective Booth debut. Smarts takes an equally retro-informed tack on the lyrical tip, tempering his scorching braggadocio with a bouncy, always amiable delivery sure to leave Booth regulars smiling. Cuts this Well Done are rare…. and, I don’t know about you guys, but I’m getting a little bit hungry. CS may not be able to treat all his fans to a steak dinner, but those craving a free meal can find more savory hip-hop goodness on f’alex, available for download here.
Listen to More: Charlie Smarts
Written by richard on 07/30/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.