How hot are Charlie Smarts’ rhymes? Well, as the North Carolina emcee explains on this track off his newly-released f’alex LP, those who get in the way of his lyrical fire are liable to end up Well Done. Previously introduced to the Booth as a member of five-piece rap group Kooley High, the emcee flies solo here, flowing over a funky, Foolery-produced instrumental that, though considerably more upbeat than DeLa‘s boardwork on Kooley Is High, shares an old-school vibe with the group’s collective Booth debut. Smarts takes an equally retro-informed tack on the lyrical tip, tempering his scorching braggadocio with a bouncy, always amiable delivery sure to leave Booth regulars smiling. Cuts this Well Done are rare…. and, I don’t know about you guys, but I’m getting a little bit hungry. CS may not be able to treat all his fans to a steak dinner, but those craving a free meal can find more savory hip-hop goodness on f’alex, available for download here.
Written by richard on 07/30/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.