Since Little Brother set the underground on fire with The Listening in 2003, people have had their eyes and ears bent towards the Carolinas hoping to find more quality artists and sounds. The larger crew LB was part of, Justus League, fulfilled that role for years but recently Kooley High has emerged out of the Carolinas with an equally fresh sound. Even better - Kooley High member Charlie Smarts is starting to make noise as an solo artist. Over smooth horn filled production by Marshall Law, Charlie and Kooley collaborator Tab One deliver that cool Carolina flow they’re known for on Postcard. The song reflects on the reaction some people have had to their sudden underground success: “I’m front and center like a nose job. You said I’d never go so far. I sent you a postcard, on the house, no charge,” says the chorus with some tongue-in-cheek humor. Postcard is from an Smarts’ upcoming album LowBottomMe, out July 11.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.