Since Little Brother set the underground on fire with The Listening in 2003, people have had their eyes and ears bent towards the Carolinas hoping to find more quality artists and sounds. The larger crew LB was part of, Justus League, fulfilled that role for years but recently Kooley High has emerged out of the Carolinas with an equally fresh sound. Even better - Kooley High member Charlie Smarts is starting to make noise as an solo artist. Over smooth horn filled production by Marshall Law, Charlie and Kooley collaborator Tab One deliver that cool Carolina flow they’re known for on Postcard. The song reflects on the reaction some people have had to their sudden underground success: “I’m front and center like a nose job. You said I’d never go so far. I sent you a postcard, on the house, no charge,” says the chorus with some tongue-in-cheek humor. Postcard is from an Smarts’ upcoming album LowBottomMe, out July 11.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. A$AP Ferg - Lac Lac
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Lupe Fiasco x Ab-Soul - Thorns & Horns
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.