UPDATE: Click “Watch Video” for the brand new visuals to Radiant Child.
While being able to drink legally, drive (No, not at the same time.) and eat candy for breakfast if I so desire is pretty damn nice, it’s hard not to look back on childhood through the rose-colored glasses of nostalgia every now and again. Newly-formed duo CharlieRED know exactly what I’m talking about, and on their debut single selection they give soulfully anguished voice to their longing for a simpler time. The production half of the anonymous duo keeps it old-school on the production tip, creating an understated, guitar-driven beat for his partner to lace with his expressive vocals. CharlieRED’s debut EP, Religion, is scheduled for digital release September 18, but those who simply can’t wait can cop Radiant Child now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 09/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.