UPDATE: Click “Watch Video” for the brand new visuals to Radiant Child.
While being able to drink legally, drive (No, not at the same time.) and eat candy for breakfast if I so desire is pretty damn nice, it’s hard not to look back on childhood through the rose-colored glasses of nostalgia every now and again. Newly-formed duo CharlieRED know exactly what I’m talking about, and on their debut single selection they give soulfully anguished voice to their longing for a simpler time. The production half of the anonymous duo keeps it old-school on the production tip, creating an understated, guitar-driven beat for his partner to lace with his expressive vocals. CharlieRED’s debut EP, Religion, is scheduled for digital release September 18, but those who simply can’t wait can cop Radiant Child now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 09/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.