Charlie Puth may be new to the Booth, but those with their ears to the digital grapevine have likely known about him for a minute: the 21-year-old singer and producer has enjoyed viral fame since 2011, when a YouTube rendition of Adele’s Someone Like You thrust him into the spotlight, even netting him multiple appearances on Ellen. His original work is every bit as fresh as his covers, as evidenced by new promo single L.U.V.. Rami Afuni and Rich Mendelson join Puth behind the boards on this seductive jam; their ethereal synths and trap-tinged rhythm section back the headliner’s falsetto-laced vocals as he serenades a chick he’s been eyeing of late. An addictive, sliced-and-diced vocal hook adds to the pop appeal. The record isn’t attached to anything larger but, if you
love L.U.V. it, you can watch our pages for more from this promising pop buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)