Charlie Puth may be new to the Booth, but those with their ears to the digital grapevine have likely known about him for a minute: the 21-year-old singer and producer has enjoyed viral fame since 2011, when a YouTube rendition of Adele’s Someone Like You thrust him into the spotlight, even netting him multiple appearances on Ellen. His original work is every bit as fresh as his covers, as evidenced by new promo single L.U.V.. Rami Afuni and Rich Mendelson join Puth behind the boards on this seductive jam; their ethereal synths and trap-tinged rhythm section back the headliner’s falsetto-laced vocals as he serenades a chick he’s been eyeing of late. An addictive, sliced-and-diced vocal hook adds to the pop appeal. The record isn’t attached to anything larger but, if you
love L.U.V. it, you can watch our pages for more from this promising pop buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.