Charlie Puth may be new to the Booth, but those with their ears to the digital grapevine have likely known about him for a minute: the 21-year-old singer and producer has enjoyed viral fame since 2011, when a YouTube rendition of Adele’s Someone Like You thrust him into the spotlight, even netting him multiple appearances on Ellen. His original work is every bit as fresh as his covers, as evidenced by new promo single L.U.V.. Rami Afuni and Rich Mendelson join Puth behind the boards on this seductive jam; their ethereal synths and trap-tinged rhythm section back the headliner’s falsetto-laced vocals as he serenades a chick he’s been eyeing of late. An addictive, sliced-and-diced vocal hook adds to the pop appeal. The record isn’t attached to anything larger but, if you
love L.U.V. it, you can watch our pages for more from this promising pop buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)