Charlie Puth may be new to the Booth, but those with their ears to the digital grapevine have likely known about him for a minute: the 21-year-old singer and producer has enjoyed viral fame since 2011, when a YouTube rendition of Adele’s Someone Like You thrust him into the spotlight, even netting him multiple appearances on Ellen. His original work is every bit as fresh as his covers, as evidenced by new promo single L.U.V.. Rami Afuni and Rich Mendelson join Puth behind the boards on this seductive jam; their ethereal synths and trap-tinged rhythm section back the headliner’s falsetto-laced vocals as he serenades a chick he’s been eyeing of late. An addictive, sliced-and-diced vocal hook adds to the pop appeal. The record isn’t attached to anything larger but, if you
love L.U.V. it, you can watch our pages for more from this promising pop buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.