Though Brooklyn native/Miami resident Charlie Hustle has built up an underground reputation with his various mixtapes and his Runners-produced buzz single, Get It (featuring Rick Ross and Kevin Cossom), he hopes to make his brand-new single (and DJBooth debut) his biggest hit yet. Despite the title Go Hard, the song’s tone is more seductive than aggressive: a beautiful woman catches Hustle’s eye, and he proceeds to offer her a better life if only she stays by his side (your typical rap ballad). While Rebel holds his own on the background vocals, the highlight is indisputably Timbaland protege Jim Beanz’ work behind the boards (yes, he’s found a way to mix xylophone with brass). Still, if there’s one thing urban radio loves, it’s a rap ballad; that said, Go Hard should have no problem doing just that on the charts. Charlie Hustle’s debut album has yet to receive a title or release date.
Written by Burmy on 01/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Joy" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.