I was going to avoid taking the bait and comparing Booth newcomer Charlie Brown to the hapless leading man from Peanuts but, as it turns out, the two have a few striking similarities. The pic on the left appears to show him rocking a chrome dome, for one. On a less superficial tip, the London singer and Universal AATW signee’s latest promo single indicates that bad luck in love is another common denominator. Part 2 of a single released earlier this year, this record finds Brown mourning a relationship that ended before it even began. Over Davinche‘s string/piano boardwork, he croons, “Oh we could have gone so far / if I’d opened the Floodgates to your heart / and you’d opened up the floodgates to my heart.” English songstress Misha B. accompanies the headliner throughout the cut, offering the female perspective on their short-lived love affair. Floodgates Pt. 2 is unattached to any larger project, but those feeling it can keep their browsers locked for the latest from this promising R&B buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 07/22/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.