I was going to avoid taking the bait and comparing Booth newcomer Charlie Brown to the hapless leading man from Peanuts but, as it turns out, the two have a few striking similarities. The pic on the left appears to show him rocking a chrome dome, for one. On a less superficial tip, the London singer and Universal AATW signee’s latest promo single indicates that bad luck in love is another common denominator. Part 2 of a single released earlier this year, this record finds Brown mourning a relationship that ended before it even began. Over Davinche‘s string/piano boardwork, he croons, “Oh we could have gone so far / if I’d opened the Floodgates to your heart / and you’d opened up the floodgates to my heart.” English songstress Misha B. accompanies the headliner throughout the cut, offering the female perspective on their short-lived love affair. Floodgates Pt. 2 is unattached to any larger project, but those feeling it can keep their browsers locked for the latest from this promising R&B buzzmaker.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.