I was going to avoid taking the bait and comparing Booth newcomer Charlie Brown to the hapless leading man from Peanuts but, as it turns out, the two have a few striking similarities. The pic on the left appears to show him rocking a chrome dome, for one. On a less superficial tip, the London singer and Universal AATW signee’s latest promo single indicates that bad luck in love is another common denominator. Part 2 of a single released earlier this year, this record finds Brown mourning a relationship that ended before it even began. Over Davinche‘s string/piano boardwork, he croons, “Oh we could have gone so far / if I’d opened the Floodgates to your heart / and you’d opened up the floodgates to my heart.” English songstress Misha B. accompanies the headliner throughout the cut, offering the female perspective on their short-lived love affair. Floodgates Pt. 2 is unattached to any larger project, but those feeling it can keep their browsers locked for the latest from this promising R&B buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 07/22/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.